By Tom Minas MD MS
A Primer in Cartilage fix and Joint upkeep of the Knee offers the whole diversity of therapies for a altering, more and more more youthful sufferer inhabitants. Dr. Thomas Minas demonstrates each one technique-from non-surgical to mini-incision overall knee arthroplasty to the hot advancements in tissue biologics-through a step by step process. Surgical photos and illustrations and procedural video clips on-line at www.expertconsult.com and on DVD offer precise advice. This hugely visible, multimedia reference publications you in making a choice on the simplest remedy path for every patient.
- Get simply the knowledge you would like via a technique-focused technique and the constant type of a unmarried writer, Dr. Thomas Minas-a top professional in cartilage repair.
- Access the totally searchable textual content on-line at www.expertconsult.com, besides videos.
- Incorporate tissue biologics into your perform and supply your sufferers with extra options.
- Clearly see the nuances and demanding issues of every process with surgical pictures and artists' renderings of key events within the working room.
- Select the easiest therapy direction for every sufferer via broad assurance of techniques from non-surgical to mini-incision overall knee arthroplasty.
- Master state of the art strategies via videos-online and on DVD-that show every one procedure.
Meet the hot demanding situations of cartilage fix with the newest techniques
Read Online or Download A Primer in Cartilage Repair and Joint Preservation of the Knee: Expert Consult, 1e PDF
Similar physical medicine & rehabilitation books
Do you know that fractures of the hand bones account for roughly one-third of all hand fractures? a few hand fractures could be severe and require surgical procedure, others may well contain manipulation or casting and splinting. For suggestions available fractures and therapy, Alan E. Freeland, MD and Sheila G. Lindley, MD from the collage of Mississippi scientific middle current a great factor - regardless of storm Katrina.
A collaboration among major scientists, practitioners, and researchers at Carnegie-Mellon collage and the collage of Pittsburgh, this e-book is a accomplished source describing caliber of existence applied sciences and their improvement, overview, adoption, and commercialization. It takes an interdisciplinary group method of the method of expertise improvement for disabled and older folks and discusses the cutting-edge and destiny instructions of applied sciences.
Entry the recent on-line spouse fabrics now! entire, authoritative info from the main revered specialists: For 30 years, that is what kids with Disabilities has given the millions of scholars, school, and execs who depend upon it. Now this depended on textual content is in a brand new 7th variation, completely up to date with the very most modern examine, new teacher fabrics, and the severe matters pros want to know as they arrange to paintings with youngsters and households.
This hugely acclaimed quantity of the grasp suggestions in Orthopaedic surgical procedure sequence is now in its moment Edition—greatly extended and entirely revised to mirror the newest advancements in surgical approach. The world’s optimum shoulder surgeons describe their most well-liked thoughts in step by step aspect, clarify the symptoms and contraindications, determine pitfalls and strength issues, and provide pearls and suggestions for bettering effects.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of the Upper Extremities: Nonoperative Orthopaedic and Manual Therapy
- Robotic Assistive Technologies: Principles and Practice
- Model of Human Occupation (MOHO): Grundlagen fur die Praxis (Ergotherapie - Reflexion und Analyse)
- Wear Prediction on Total Ankle Replacement: Effect of Design Parameters
Extra info for A Primer in Cartilage Repair and Joint Preservation of the Knee: Expert Consult, 1e
If family predisposition to DJD exists, examine for Heberden’s and Bouchard’s nodes. †Homminga17 and Brittberg5 noted that lesions greater than or equal to 2 cm are symptomatic and Messner26 noted radiographic narrowing at 14-year follow-up.
Background Factors The presence of associated abnormalities introduces an additional layer of variability into studies because the reproducibility of assessing background factors between surgeons and treating these abnormalities prior to or concomitantly with treatment of the chondral defect varies. To date, this correlation has not been firmly established. The disappointing early results of cartilage repair have been explained by the failure to properly diagnose and correct associated bony and ligamentous abnormalities.
1998;352:149–158. 4. Dejour H, Walch G, Nove-Josserand L, Guier C. Factors of patellar instability: an anatomic radiographic study. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 1994;2:19–26. 5. Recht M, Bobic V, Burstein D, et al. Magnetic resonance imaging of articular cartilage. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2001;391:S379–S396. 6. Alparslan L, Minas T, Winalski CS. Magnetic resonance imaging of autologous chondrocyte implantation. Semin Ultrasound CT MR. 2001;22(4):341–351. 7. Winalski CS, Minas T. Evaluation of chondral injuries by magnetic resonance imaging: repair assessments.
A Primer in Cartilage Repair and Joint Preservation of the Knee: Expert Consult, 1e by Tom Minas MD MS