By Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen
So much American heroes aren't in our heritage books, nor have they got monuments erected of their honor. Their names aren't within the headline information or memorialized in track. the genuine hero is just an individual who makes a difference-large or small-in the lives of others.
Read or Download Chicken Soup for the Soul of America: Stories to Heal the Heart of Our Nation PDF
Similar motivational books
You do not have to be a CEO to dive, jump or pace via Jim Clash's publication. fail to remember the identify, this isn't a enterprise ebook, it is a treasure of stories for the final word X-gamer, or for an individual who desires of scaling a mountain, racing a automobile or hovering into area. conflict does not simply write approximately humans residing at the facet, he's one among them!
''Seeing Systems'' is the main available, penetrating ebook on hand at the dynamics of platforms. In it, Oshry explains why such a lot of efforts at growing extra pleasant and effective platforms lead to sadness, and proposes a completely new framework for facing human habit.
Each year, all of us locate ourselves operating more durable, longer, and at a speedier velocity. only a few people are operating a forty-hour week anymore and plenty of folks locate it most unlikely to discover time to sit back less locate how one can make our jobs extra stress-free. ultimately here's an antidote for overstressed employees in all places.
6 Months to six Figures The lengthy past due ”6 Months to six Figures” is a breath of unpolluted air to the Entrepreneurial international, and is the following to shift our tradition. No BS, No fluff, No educational Theories, and No Sugar Coating. simply genuine global, tactical, not easy middle suggestions from being within the trenches. Peter Voogd, who’s categorized the best authority for Gen Y management unearths the precise techniques he’s used to head from useless broke to over 6 figures inside 6 months in a number of industries.
- Your Own Worst Enemy: How to Overcome Career Self-Sabotage
- If You’re So Smart, Why Aren’t You Happy?
- The Art of Critical Making: Rhode Island School of Design on Creative Practice
- Health Through Will Power
- Organizational Behaviour Reassessed: The Impact of Gender
Additional info for Chicken Soup for the Soul of America: Stories to Heal the Heart of Our Nation
His response to this was to ‘‘fire’’ the 80 percent of his lower-value customers that contributed 20 percent or less of his revenues. He identified other companies in his industry that he felt could service them better and handed off those customers, one by one. He was then free to concentrate all his attention and energy on his higher-value customers. Within one year, his business and his personal income doubled. Would this strategy work for you? Application Exercise 1. Who are your most important internal customers?
3. You are stimulated, engaged, and you feel energized. You may have been frazzled and exhausted moments before, but you come to life when you are involved in this activity. 4. Your energy is contagious. Those around you are likewise energized. 5. You are motivated to continuously improve these unique gifts and abilities. You set your own performance benchmarks for these skills, and they are at the highest level. Your motivation is internal, fueled by your realization that these talents, developed properly, will lead you to realize your most treasured goals and dreams.
You may find that you are competing against what appears to be another industry. For example, companies offering land-based vacations are direct competitors of the cruise industry. Both groups compete for the same vacation dollars. Our goal in this chapter has not been to devise specific sales and marketing plans—we will deal with these in greater depth at a later point. Rather, the objective is to ensure that you are fully aware of the importance of competitive research, have a plan to conduct the research, and are committed to carrying it out.
Chicken Soup for the Soul of America: Stories to Heal the Heart of Our Nation by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen